Monday 2 August 2010

favourite perfumes ..

There is nothing nicer in my opinion than a beautiful scent that you just keep on having to smell. I love it when you go into a big department store, such as Selfridges, and get many samples of different fragrances, and you just have to keep putting the most desirable ones up to your nose to have another waft.
I love it when a scent reminds you of something, perhaps a memorable day, and when they remind you of a person close to you. I also love scents that make me feel clean and fresh.
An example of a perfume that does this for me is Marc Jacobs- Daisy; I love spritzing myself in this when i've just come out of the shower.
I guess my all time favourite though is Chanel- Coco Mademoiselle, it truly is beautiful and perhaps my signature scent and also one i will always have in my collection.
Another is Thierry Mugler- Alien, perhaps not to everyones taste as it is quite a heavy scent, but very distinctive and pretty packaging!
Balenciaga- 10 Avenue George V; this is quite a recent one which i purchased from Selfridges in June. As soon as i sampled it, i had to have it, again, it's quite different and not to my usual taste in perfume. The bottle is gorgeous too, simple, yet classic.
Gucci- by Gucci; I adore this fragrance. Every time i wear it, i always get asked what it is. It is so warming and very long lasting! I find all Gucci fragrances last on the skin a while.
Christian Dior- J'adore; I had longed for this for sometime. A fragrance i had always wanted to own, but somehow, never got round to it, that was until i worked at Boots. Now what Boots do with all the tester perfume that have never been used is sell them to the staff for a measly sum of £2.50 and seeing this perfume up in the staff room, un-used in its box still for such a bargain price, i could not resist. It normally retails between £40-70 depending on the size and as to if it's an eau de parfum or edt. This was the 30ml edp which retailed in boots for £44!

No comments:

Post a Comment